Why MPs Should NOT pay tax
I have been appalled by the large number of people who are happy with the taxman's decision to tax MPs and backdate it to July last year. This will lead to a significant reduction in their monthly perks to a meagre Ksh 500,000 and NO ONE could POSSIBLY survive with such a SMALL AMOUNT considering the high cost of living.
Do some quick math and tell me, how can any human being possibly survive with a meagre Ksh 16,000 per day? An entire 24 hours! Its absolutely ridiculous!
In addition, taxing them will affect the general public significantly. Among the effects are the following.
1) A large number of hookers and escort girls will lose their livelihood. They will lose a significant portion of their high paying clients.
2) MPs mipango ya kandos will have to move from the lavish apartments they live in and move to more humble housing schemes. This will affect them psychologically because they are not used to living in ordinary houses and this will in addition directly affect the psychological morale of the country.
3) Members of gangs-for-hire will also be directly affected. They heavily depend on the MPs salaries since they form the bulk of their clientele and now risk starving to death, something the country cannot allow to happen.
4) Poor students in all constituencies will have no one to come to their aid when they conduct harambees. After all, what does a person earning a meagre Ksh 500,000 have to spare?
5) The hotel industry will be heavily affected. They rely on the many senseless conferences that these MPs fund and attend. They will also be unable to spend more during those luxury holidays that they go to after all the hard work they do serving the country selflessly.
6) Mobile phone companies will also suffer revenue loss due to the reduced calls from MPs. They will not be calling as much as they used to when plotting for chaos and skirmishes to protect their political standings which are, of course, very vital for the survival of this country.
7) Petrol stations will lose income too when the MPs start paying taxes. These MPs will have to degrade themselves and buy smaller cars because how could they possibly fuel the 3000cc vehicles they drive with a meagre monthly income of only Ksh 500,000?
8) Voter bribery - which is a chief source of income for watu wa mashinani - will also be greatly affected. This will lead to hunger and starvation since these Kenyans will have no money to buy food. The money they get during election campaigns in the form of bribes is what they rely on to survive for an entire five years before the next elections come around. We surely cannot let these people die due to the taxman, can we?
So you see, MPs should NOT be taxed. I believe that the reduction of ther income will directly affect the economy of the country and possibly the region. This country will definitely NOT survive!