The Kenyan Transport Fiasco
Isnt it funny how in Kenya....
1) If there is a pothole on the road and people complain that it be filled up, they fill it up with a pot-hill?
2) If you are in a matatu and it overlaps, drives on the pavement and on the wrong lanes, the driver is a pro yet if you see a saloon car doing the same, the driver is F**king Nuts!
3) If you are stuck in jam you are angry at those cars driving on the sidewalks, yet if you are driving the one driving on the sidewalks, you laugh at those stuck in jam!
4) If you are in a matatu abd you see a trafiic policeman, you quickly fasten your safety belt but as soon as you are clear of him, you unfasten it. Is it supposed to protect you from police or accidents or are police some sort of accident!
5) If another car is flagged down by police for commiting the same offense as you yet you escape, the police are actually doing their job, yet if they flag you down, they are harrasing you!
6) If a matatu comes with nice loud music, you joyfully hop in yet when you get inside, you start complaining the music is too loud!
7) If the Makanga overcharges you, he is a stupid, inconsiderate useless social delinquent, yet when he forgets to charge you, he is stupid, lousy and inefficient at his job!
8) If the driver is driving slowly, he is either old or stupid yet if he is driving fast, he is either inexperienced or insane!
9) If a person sings along to a song in the matatu, he is a show-off who realy doesnt know the lyrics of the song yet when you sing along, you a pro at mastering lyrics which by the way, you are sure you know!
10) If people talk alot in a matatu, they a disturbance to public peace and should be more considerate yet when you are talking alot in a matatu with a friend, there is hardly time to finish all you need to talk about!
11) If someone rushes for the seat next to the driver, they are haughty and selfish yet when its you, you are one lucky person!